Thursday, September 17, 2009

Firenze

Firenze = Florence. We took a quick trip to Florence today since it's only about and 80 minute bus ride from Siena. We went and visited the Baptistry and Duomo where I had to present The Gates of Paradise to all of the girls. It went well but I'm glad it's over. We also climbed to the top of the campanile (belltower) which included a lot of stair climbing. Excuse for another gelato right? From the top of the campanile we had and amazing view of Brunelleschi's dome and got to see the lovely terracotta rooftops.
We also went shopping at the street market near the Duomo. I love to barter, it's a new found hobby I suppose. I purchased and bartered for a darling mustard yellow wallet and I'm so excited about it. Sad as it may sound, this is my first real wallet. I feel like a new woman. Anyway, I'll be back to Florence a lot so if anyone is interested in anything let me know. Florence has a lot to offer. Handbags, scarves, belts, jackets, jewelry (my personal favorite) and soccer jerseys (sorry, no gelato). Life is good here, it's a little rainy but it's great!
Gelato count: 10

The Gates of Paradise
Brunelleschi's Dome in Florence

5 comments:

  1. Oh Florence!! What a fun stop!! It's okay Marie, I just got my first real wallet December 25th, 2007. Remember what a good idea it is to give someone a wallet with gift cards and tickets to a show inside? Oh JH. Hilarious.

    Keep having fun. And keep updating us!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! How I love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I deleted my post because it had a typo. Nonetheless. . I thought you girls always had wallets--ever since you were small. I, on the other hand, didn't get a purse till sometime in my 30's. Now look at me. I'm so stylish with my red (I. Ponzi from Firenze)purse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom! You are so good. Look at you go! That purse is way cute and I'm glad we took the time to find it! YAY for Firenze.

    ReplyDelete