Monday, January 24, 2011

Re-entry into the BLOG world

My darling great-grandmother discovered PhotoBooth over the break. Love it.

It has been over a year since I have posted last. Although not a lot has happened in the past year, I find it sad that that part of my life isn't documented. I was just reading all of my older posts and realized how much I have forgotten about my experiences already. Now I'm realizing that I have forgotten most of what went on last year. Oops. Like I said before, nothing too crazy has happened.

I'm graduating in April and I'm so happy about that. I'm so ready to be done with this chapter of my life. It has been an amazing experience but I'm ready to move on to bigger and better things. Most likely I will be going back to school but it will be a completely new experience. I'm looking forward to that.

I'm applying for nursing school at the University of Utah. (My ivy-league brother-in-law also convinced me to apply at Georgetown.) We'll see how that goes. It's going to be interesting to see how things pan out. I have also been doing an internship with the American Heart Association. They have been really great with me and I have truly loved my experience. I could possibly work for them as well. I'm grateful to have options.

I'm a gospel doctrine teacher right now and that has been fun. I have only taught one lesson that was sub-par but I still enjoyed it for selfish reasons. It's nice to teach because then you are really forced to learn the material. I wish I was motivated enough to simply study the scriptures with that much depth without my calling to force me into it. Sounds like a resolution to me!



3 comments:

  1. Marie!!! This is Landon & Alyse, mostly Landon though... Anyway, it was good to read your update. Hope everything is going well. Good luck with the decision making process!! We're sure whatever you do will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARIE! I think you should feel lucky because that might be Landon's first blog comment...EVER :) Love you dear! Glad you're back in cyber space so I can stalk you! Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back to the blogosphere, you have been missed!! :)

    ReplyDelete